Tuesday 28 October 2014

The Stealth Attack Of The Killer Wasps

The Stealth Attack of the Killer Wasps:

Imagine my surprise when

A wasp flew through Granddad’s window

Granddad batted it out and then

We drove through the most spectacular show

Up ahead, along the road

Frenzy gone into overload

Grandma and Granddad exchange a look

I think they were a little shook

So for the first time

Out in the sunshine

I saw a swarm

And the air transform

 Into a thousand or more

Flying wasps

Their angry wings fluttering, barging against my car door

I bet their stings would leave me sore

 I cower in my seat

If someone bought these beasts

Then where is the receipt

Can we not retreat?

 I have never been scared of wasps

But after the stealth attack of the killer wasps

I’ve been scared ever since

Did I mention I was only six.


2 comments:

  1. Flipping heck! I would've been scared out of my soul, let alone the car! Those wasps are sneaky little blighters :/

    ReplyDelete