Tuesday 21 October 2014

Chapter Seven - Reincarnation

Hey all, this is a story that I am writing outside of college.
Sorry for the cliffhanger.

My answer comes with the reappearance of the Prime Minister's, Daniel Frampton's, face.
"You have completed the mandatory test that every single citizen has to take. Your brain scan has revealed residual matter from another source. This means, and I can say this with complete confidence, that you are indeed a Reincarnation and not a New Soul," Daniel says.
No surprise there then!

"Do not get disheartened, fellow citizen, the next test will determine which area of work your past life worked in. We will then commence another brain scan and you will participate in one more final test. Once again, good luck," Daniel said and his face disappeared once more.
"Looking at your strengths and weaknesses, Jessica Zel, we can confirm that your past life did not work in the research, music or teaching industries. Your past life could have worked in: Journalism, in an office, politics, retail or counseling. In order to narrow this list down we must test you on these professions," The Voice says.
"Ok," I say.

Five icons appear on the screan, one for each profession. My past life probably worked in retail so I click the retail so I click the retail button.
"In olden times there used to be shops. Who were the people who ran the tills?" The voice asks.
Father told me about those people. He said my Great Grandfather was one.
"A cashier," I answer.
"Correct," The Voice says.
The retail icon disappears. I could maybe be a journalist like my Father. Inspired by this I click the journalist icon.
Unfortunately I got that question wrong along with the office question. However I got politics and councilling right. I had to put name to face in politics and describe what systematic desensitization is for councilling. I got three out of five.

"Jessica Zel, your test has shown that your past life did not work in journalism or in a office. This leaves three options and we will now perform a deep brain scan on the residual matter left in your brain based on this information. Please stand still," The Voice says.

Awhite light erupts from the same place that the red light came from. The process did not take very long. The white light disappears.
"Jessica Zel, we can now say that your past life worked in ..." The Voice trails off.
Instead of saying it the word comes onto the panel in front of me. There in black font is what my past life did.

Thousands of jobs narrowed down until only one remains.

P                  O                L               I                    T                I                      C                   S

No comments:

Post a Comment