Sunday 2 November 2014

One Hell Of A Week - Part Two

This is a story that I wrote when I was 13 years old. A school story written by a school story lover for school story lovers.

"So how was your first day?" Mum asked.
I poured myself some apple squash and pondered my extensive response.
"Okay," I said.
There. Extensive enough.
"Okay?" Mum asked.
"Yes. Okay," I said.
"Okay ...." Mum said.
"What?" I asked.
Mum sat down in her chair and crossed her arms.
"Okay ... spill," Mum said.
"Can I not just stick with it was okay?" I asked.
"Nope, you know me. Spill," Mum said.
"Course I know you; you're my mother," I said.
"Charliegh Black spill right this instant!" Mum said sternly.

So I 'spilled' all about my first day at college.
"So besides being late for your first lesson and getting on the wrong side of the sluts corner group you had a good day?" Mum asked.
"Yeah," I said.
"Stay away from that Linda. Keep to Angelica. You will make more friends yet just you wait and see," Mum said.
I nodded and went upstairs to do my technology homework. I was never much of a procrastinator.

The next day I arrived early and waited outside reception. No sooner had I got there Angelica came rushing up red in the face.
"Hey! Slow down before you knock someone over!" I shouted as she came tearing up the path.
"Been there. Done that. Got the scuff mark on my blazer," She said and showed me a hidden bit of mud.
"Poor Mr Jenkins," She said with a sly smile.
I laughed.
"I said sorry then ran off. I promise," Angelica said.
"I'm sure you did run off!" I laughed.
"Sorry. I just wanted to get in early to see you," Angelica said and I smiled. That tingly feeling returned and now I was sure that it was because of Angelica.
Just to contradict my tingly feelings Linda came stalking past us with a smug look on her face.
Someone liked playing with my tingly feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment