Thursday 8 January 2015

Falling

Falling:

The room is still with an eerie sense of darkness to it. The moon outside illuminates one corner of the room. The corner where I am crouched.

Why am I here? Why is the moon spotlighting me and my existence? What does this light want with me?

Then the answer came to me. Light exposes beauty. Of course it does. Light also exposes ruins. It seeps into the cracks of one's soul and tries to shine light into the dark depths of the cracks. This silver moonlight is trying to make me a better person. It won't get very far that's for sure. The cracks in my soul are far too deep for any light to penetrate.

It still doesn't answer my question of why am I here though. Why I am not snuggled up under the thick layers of my duvet, where no harm could get to me. Why am I cocooned in layers of my own self? Why am I out in the open where everyone, including the moon, can see me? The light filtering through my curtains can see me. All of me. It doesn't like what it sees. I wouldn't blame it either; I don't like what I see every time I look in the mirror.

The question that is bugging me the most is: why am I here alone? Why is no one with me? I have nothing here apart from this moon-lit spotlight that's created a small circle around me.

The white walls of the room surround me, making the room feel smaller and smaller and smaller by the second. Darkness can suffocate you but so can something pure. The dark is dangerous but purity can also make you suffer. Someone pure can strangle you just as much as slithers of darkness can.

I balance on the tips of my toes. My sanity and balance teeter on the edge. A small gust of wind has the possibility to cause me to tumble over and fall.

The scene changes around me. I smell the sea and the cold air makes my blood run cold. Blocks of ice replace my arteries. I am still balanced on my tip toes. There is nothing in front of me and nothing behind me. I am stuck in the perfect ultimatum and I can only move along the ledge until it stops. Until I stop.

I need to go forward in my life. I need to get somewhere and become the person that my parents want me to be an not the person they despise. However I am so focused on going forward that I don't realise the massive gust of wind blowing me backwards. Backwards off the ledge and falling.

Falling.

Falling.

Falling backwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment